No announcement yet.

The TV Thread, Resurrected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First couple of episodes of Gentefied season 2 have been very good. A fine show, dramatic enough without being a wringer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston Frog View Post
      First couple of episodes of Gentefied season 2 have been very good. A fine show, dramatic enough without being a wringer.
      i feel like the first season was a bit funnier. Also less subtitle reading. But maybe i'm just misremembering from a year ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by $mooth View Post

i feel like the first season was a bit funnier. Also less subtitle reading. But maybe i'm just misremembering from a year ago.
        Yeah, we're only two episodes in, and there has been more Spanish and a little less humor. Still, reading subtitles keeps me from scrolling, and I need to do less scrolling.

Comment

• Why Women Kill is very good.

Comment

• Zebra Frog
            Zebra Frog commented
            Editing a comment
            To all that recommend programs: it would be helpful, for old farts like me, to include the platform the program is on. Thank you very much.

• pcf
            pcf commented
            Editing a comment
            I know why women throw grapefruit at you. I know why they call you bad names. Luckily, Ive been able to avoid finding out why they kill, but I have some darn good guesses.

• NFFrog
            NFFrog commented
            Editing a comment
            Ever considered they simply didn't have a gun available at the moment, pcf?!

•  
          Yeah....I dont believe it either....

Comment

• NFFrog
            NFFrog commented
            Editing a comment
            Possibly the best single segment on any sitcom ever. I saw it on the original broadcast and almost got sick laughing.

Right up there from that show was Johnny Fever's "those phone cops play hardball" segment.
            Last edited by NFFrog; November 23, 2021, 09:35 AM.

• Boston Frog
            Boston Frog commented
            Editing a comment
            I cannot possibly love this enough. My favorite TV show of all time. My third-favorite episode behind the softball game and the phone cops.

• Comment

• The Beatles “Get Back”. Finished part one last night, I’ve really enjoyed it so far. Seeing the process on how that album came to be is fascinating.

Watching Paul pull “Get Back” out of thin air gave me chills.

f baylor
            Never trust an American who worships the monarchy.

Comment

• Duquesne Frog
              Duquesne Frog commented
              Editing a comment
              The missus and I watched the first half hour or so before she got bored. I will finish it but it will have to be when I have control of the TV ...

• frogtwang
              frogtwang commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s def not for casual fans. It’s them in a studio several hours.

• Has anyone else watched You on Netflix? It’s completely psychotic and also unrealistic, but somehow a car wreck I can’t look away from.

Comment

• Originally posted by Friskyfrog View Post
              Has anyone else watched You on Netflix? It’s completely psychotic and also unrealistic, but somehow a car wreck I can’t look away from.
              Saw highlights on Gogglebox. Not my cup of tea, but it was intense. I don't care for shows with a bunch of sickos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newbomb Turk View Post
                They did NOT just do what they did on Yellowstone.
                Ponied up for a Peacock subscription and started watching Yellowstone. Kinda got a Godfather set in the mountains with Scotch-Irish cast vibe.

Also liking Girls5Eva. Want to watch Resident Alien too, but haven't gotten to it.

Comment

• Zebra Frog
                  Zebra Frog commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We never miss an episode of Yellowstone. Or, Blue Sky, but it is a little weird at time. But the blonde star makes it all worthwhile.

• Introduced the GF to What We Do In The Shadows. Movie first, then the TV show. She's addicted.

Comment

• Duquesne Frog
                  Duquesne Frog commented
                  Editing a comment
                  All of it is brilliance ...

• Originally posted by Friskyfrog View Post
                Has anyone else watched You on Netflix? It’s completely psychotic and also unrealistic, but somehow a car wreck I can’t look away from.
                This is all I know about You:

https://youtu.be/aJWFzOXXH-o?t=26
                Last edited by $mooth; November 30, 2021, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Stephen Merchant The Outlaws is very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by pcf View Post

Saw highlights on Gogglebox. Not my cup of tea, but it was intense. I don't care for shows with a bunch of sickos.
                    Normally psychological thrillers are the only kind of thriller/action productions I enjoy, but the body count on this show is now ridiculously high.

Comment

Working...
                    X