The TV Thread, Resurrected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The TV Thread, Resurrected

I'm a little late to the party on What We Do in the Shadows, but if you're not watching that show, you should be. So funny. I havent seen the movie yet. On FX and Hulu.

Also havent heard much buzz about it (certainly less than Space Force, Greg Daniels' other new show) but Upload on Prime is great, imo. Imagine taking a few of the storylines from Black Mirror and turning them into a serial comedy, and you've got Upload.

Don't know if you've discussed Inside No 9, but I enjoy that one even knowing a twist is coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Duquesne Frog View Post
      I'm a little late to the party on What We Do in the Shadows, but if you're not watching that show, you should be. So funny. I havent seen the movie yet. On FX and Hulu.
      We enjoyed this one a lot more than your Schitt’s Creek recommendation (to be fair, you were not the only one that recommended it). I only made it through three episodes of that because all of the characters seemed so unlikeable.

The episode of What We Do in the Shadows where the energy vampire is mansplaining on different social media accounts was hilariously on the nose.

Comment

I’ve had people say that about SC, but after the first season, they tend to grow on you. My favorite character was Stevie.

Comment

Originally posted by Friskyfrog View Post

... I only made it through three episodes of that because all of the characters seemed so unlikeable...
          Canadians are ALWAYS likeable one way or another! It's what makes them Canadian.

Comment

Originally posted by NFFrog View Post

Canadians are ALWAYS likeable one way or another! It's what makes them Canadian.
            Celine Dion says hi, peasant...
            Yeah....I dont believe it either....

Comment

Originally posted by RSK View Post

Celine Dion says hi, peasant...
              I like Celine Dion because she is exactly my age and she is how I convince myself that I shouldn't actually get skinny because at our age that actually makes you look old. *resumes eating nachos*

Click image for larger version

Name:	celine-dion-age.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	434.4 KB
ID:	1288

Comment

I've had a bit of the same problem after losing 80 pounds or so. But on my face it works a MUCH better than Celine's as she was a rail to begin with and I was more of a snowman, or perhaps one of those big blue barrels topped with a plump pumpkin.
                Last edited by NFFrog; August 09, 2020, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Friskyfrog View Post

We enjoyed this one a lot more than your Schitt’s Creek recommendation (to be fair, you were not the only one that recommended it). I only made it through three episodes of that because all of the characters seemed so unlikeable.
                  It is similar to Always Sunny, in that regard ... although over the arc of each season, there is some movement toward redemption, particularly David. I'll give you that the daughter can get annoying, but you gotta hang in there.

The episode of What We Do in the Shadows where the energy vampire is mansplaining on different social media accounts was hilariously on the nose.
                  I wasnt that high on Colin Robinson during the first season, but he was awesome in the second season.

The episode where Laszlo becomes a high school girls volleyball coach. So funny ...

Comment

Schitt's Creek was brilliant. It just takes a big of acclimation.

We enjoyed Rita, a Danish show about a maverick teacher.

Shtisel, an Israeli show about ultra-Orthodox Jews, was tremendous, one of the best things I've seen in years.

We've been getting into On Our Block, which is surprisingly good.

Gameface is very funny.

Derry Girls might be the show I've liked best. Really great. Use the subtitles.

Comment

Finished up Good Omens yesterday ... solid show, if for no other reason than David Tennant and Michael Sheen are awesome in anything they do. And I am now creepily in love with Adria Arjona, who plays an unapproachably gorgeous witch in the show ...
                      Last edited by Duquesne Frog; August 14, 2020, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Tennant and Sheen did a lockdown series, Staged, that was good mostly because they are fun.

Comment

If you haven't watched GLOW, give it a try. Great show and very solid depiction of the '80s.

There is nothing more in the world I'm looking forward to than the lockdown season/episodes of It's Always Sunny. That has to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston Frog View Post
                            If you haven't watched GLOW, give it a try. Great show and very solid depiction of the '80s.

There is nothing more in the world I'm looking forward to than the lockdown season/episodes of It's Always Sunny. That has to happen.
                            Second on GLOW. I'm also in love with Alison Brie, less creepily because she's closer to my age.

Are they making lockdown Sunny's? That would be awesome ...

Comment

Originally posted by Duquesne Frog View Post

Second on GLOW. I'm also in love with Alison Brie, less creepily because she's closer to my age.

Are they making lockdown Sunny's? That would be awesome ...
                              I don't think I mentioned Dave Allen in the stand up thread, but you made me think of him.

He said when he was a kid he watched Sunset Boulevard with Gloria Swanson and thought she was so disgusting with her painted face and lips in middle age.

Then he walked in on his kids watching it on TV in the 90s and caught a glimpse and thought, "I quite fancy her."

I didn't watch it until my late 40s and I didn't understand William Holden's problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X