Gaming the Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f baylor
    Never trust an American who worships the monarchy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Duquesne Frog View Post
      And that is why I really struggle with how to deal with people like that dad in the van. Every logical fallacy that I believe he is making, he believes I am making in kind, but 180 degrees in the opposite direction. I believe Trump and the MAGA crowd were the ones attempting to steal the election. They believe Biden and the Dems stole the election. I believe he is being sold propagandist lies in their news sources, he believes the same is happening to me and my news sources.
      I was the one who inserted politics into the Covid thread, so I'll bring my reply back here where it's probably more appropriate.

You're right - there's definitely a phenomenon going on right now akin to "the dress" being either black & blue or yellow & white. I go out of my way to consume news from a variety of sources to avoid getting stuck in an echo chamber.

The problem with the debate on "who tried to steal the election" is that, despite their enthusiasm for making their argument, every accusation they've made has turned out to be false and every shred of evidence they claim to have is nonexistent. On the other side, Trump is ON TAPE asking Georgia's Secretary of State to overturn the results of the election there.

The Big Lie is just a collective case of loser denial.

Comment

• There was a recent story about a mom and daughter being interrogated by police after a flight because the flight attendant suspected human trafficking.

I wonder what they saw or if it was a case of QAnon goggles

Comment

• We are careening toward a post-truth society in which there is no agreed upon set of facts that constitute reality. Aaron Rodgers got offended by the idea of “a pandemic of the unvaccinated” but it is easy to ascertain the percentage of COVID patients that are vaccinated or not and their medical outcomes. A virus doesn’t care about what realities you choose to accept. Culture warriors have moved from attacking science teachers over facts (age of the earth, climate change, etc.) to attacking history teachers for teaching history that is unpleasant.

I see our society as unsustainable on a lot of fronts. Democracy can’t survive if a large section of the country refuses to accept election results they don’t like. Wealth inequality is a known destabilizer - societies collapse when the vast majority of resources get concentrated in the hands of a few. We refuse to address climate change in any meaningful way. Add in a tyrannical minority openly fantasizing about civil war and there’s not a lot of reason to be optimistic about our long-term prospects.

Comment

• Boston Frog
            Boston Frog commented
            Editing a comment
            I really don't see how our country stays together for another generation. The only questions are how will it split and how nasty will the split be.

• Originally posted by Friskyfrog View Post
          We are careening toward a post-truth society in which there is no agreed upon set of facts that constitute reality. Aaron Rodgers got offended by the idea of “a pandemic of the unvaccinated” but it is easy to ascertain the percentage of COVID patients that are vaccinated or not and their medical outcomes. A virus doesn’t care about what realities you choose to accept. Culture warriors have moved from attacking science teachers over facts (age of the earth, climate change, etc.) to attacking history teachers for teaching history that is unpleasant.

I see our society as unsustainable on a lot of fronts. Democracy can’t survive if a large section of the country refuses to accept election results they don’t like. Wealth inequality is a known destabilizer - societies collapse when the vast majority of resources get concentrated in the hands of a few. We refuse to address climate change in any meaningful way. Add in a tyrannical minority openly fantasizing about civil war and there’s not a lot of reason to be optimistic about our long-term prospects.
          If I may speak for freedom lovers, I will remind you that no cost is too high for freedom, even if it means overthrowing democracy. And the government spending is mindbogging. They are spending $1 trillion dollars and most of it is going to AMTRAK. Why trains? Because they plan to take all the white evangelicals to the camps on trains and the places white evanglicals live don't have good train service right now.

FOLLOW THE MONEY.

Comment

• Climate change will increasingly put stresses on society that will accelerate those divisions, and technological advances in communication will help spread disinformation and leave us more and more vulnerable to government sponsored hackers targeting our infrastructure. Conservative states are enacting laws that will make it easier to overturn election results they don't like which will further destroy democracy. Meanwhile, the robots are plotting their eventual takeover and our only hope is that they are more benevolent than malevolent. But history has shown that in the long run, malevolence wins out over benevolence. Turning the other cheek gets you stabbed in the back.

Danger Will Robinson! Danger!!!

Comment

• We won’t be reading about anything anymore in Texas unless it’s approved by dear leader.
              Gov. Greg Abbott is calling on the state’s education agency, State Board of Education and Texas’ library and archives commission to develop standards to...

Comment

• MercenaryLibrarian
                MercenaryLibrarian commented
                Editing a comment
                As long as they include the Bible

• NFFrog
                NFFrog commented
                Editing a comment
                At least we can still read: "Your breasts are like two fawns, like twin fawns of a gazelle that browse among the lilies" in the bathroom or under the covers.

Well unless they cut that chapter out.
                Last edited by NFFrog; November 09, 2021, 05:01 PM.

• weklfrog
                weklfrog commented
                Editing a comment
                The bible might be the only book included. I fear that Go Dogs Go will not make the cut.

• Kyle Rittenhouse is crying on the stand because he was so scared of the bad men he had his momma drive him to police with his AR 15.

I wish this kid and his momma would have worked out his manhood issues beforehand.

Why not just send him to Guttenburg's Police Academy?

Comment

• pcf
                pcf commented
                Editing a comment
                When the first hurdle for conviction is convincing the jury that shooting people isn't always justifiable, it is a tall task

So many people are both fearful and gun owners, the default reaction is to side with the shooter.

• Boston Frog
                Boston Frog commented
                Editing a comment
                He will absolutely 100 percent walk

• NFFrog
                NFFrog commented
                Editing a comment
                sadly, boston, I think yes.

• Evan Neumann, who is wanted in the U.S. on six criminal charges related to the attempted insurrection on Jan. 6—including two felonies for assaulting an officer--has decided to seek "freedom" in Belarus because the U.S. is, in his opinion, no longer a country of law and order.

I'm sure he'll find freedom there so long as he is a good boy and does everything the govt requires of him. If not, he'll find out about "laws" and "order" real fast, I think.

Comment

• QAnon Grand Poohbah Jacob "Sam Slagheap" Chesley sentenced to 41 months.
                Last edited by NFFrog; November 17, 2021, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• Lyle Lanley III
                  Lyle Lanley III commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "The trick is: kick someone's ass the first day, or become someone's bitch. Then everything will be all right."

• Georgia vigilantes convicted on most all counts. The shooter on all counts. Wasn't expecting that level of voting from the jury, really. Figured it would be guilty only on the smallest charges.

Comment

• weklfrog
                  weklfrog commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good. Totally deserved. I had some mixed feelings on the Rittenhouse verdict but this really seemed to be an iron-clad case and would have been completely upsetting had they been acquitted or convicted of minor charges.
              Working...
              X