• Show
Clear All

• The Obligatory Epic Randomness Thread

https://twitter.com/weasel3071/statu...162778113?s=21

Ewww. I do NOT resemble that remark.

Comment

When a deaf man couldn’t read others’ lips, he created a better mask

Comment

This is a hugely complicated issue for us. My school has purchased the window pane masks and also some scuba shop stuff that is supposed to keep the window from fogging. The audiology studies coming out right now, however, show that the masks with the windows create the weakest and most distorted sound output, so some of the higher students have actually expressed a preference for the regular masks. We requested permission to use face shields instead of masks while directly teaching but our school district shot that down as not being fully compliant with the CDC guidelines.

It all remains a somewhat moot point right now because our district has now announced that we are starting 100% virtual for at least the first 6 weeks and then will re-assess.

Comment

Stay hard, Mythbuster Grant Imahara. Brain aneurysm. Yikes ...

Comment

Yeah. Was sorry to hear that one too.

Comment

Three Billboards in Ebbing Missouri was a good American film. Frances McDormand scares me.

Comment

Grilled chicken with baked potatoes and chanterelle-stuffed portobellos ( found chanterelles on old track bed near marina). Just typical sailboat fare.

Attached Files
                Last edited by NFFrog; July 18, 2020, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NFFrog View Post
                  Grilled chicken with baked potatoes and chanterelle-stuffed portobellos ( found chanterelles on old track bed near marina). Just typical sailboat fare.
                  How long did you study mushrooms before you felt safe in trusting your judgment enough to eat the ones you picked?

Comment

Rib eye steak for dinner USDA Prime baby...MFGood

Comment

Chanterelles are the only mushroom I pick. They are unmistakable. There is a faux chanterelle but it's not all that poisonous and doesn't grow here much in any case. Re TX I'd say learn to recognize morels. There is a semitoxic faux morel but it's not terribly dangerous. Some people like it I hear (not me).

There are tons of mushrooms here as we are wet and woody (calm down Boston!). But I don't pick any of them except chanterelles.
                      Last edited by NFFrog; July 18, 2020, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Coldplay at the BBC 2008. Pretty good.

Cue RSK.

Comment

They're ok.

If you're into that sort of thing...
                          Yeah....I dont believe it either....

Comment

Tonight's Dinner Menu
                            Vietnamese Grilled Lemon Grass Pork (Thịt Nướng)
                            Vietnamese Grilled Eggplant (Cà Tím Nướng)
                            Pickled Carrots and Daikon
                            Served with Nước Chấm and Rice

Comment

I actually went to my grandparents hometown in Wyoming this way earlier in the summer, but I flew in. The tedium of the route all the way there is too much for me all the way through Texas.
                              A Harvard sophomore is driving across the country on Google Street View, because this is the world we live in now.

Comment

Working...
                              X