X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Friskyfrog
    Still a Female Feminist
    • Jul 2020

And for real, who planted the pipe bombs?

Comment

• weklfrog
      Howard Henderson
      • Jul 2020

Click image for larger version

Name:	unabomber-ted-kaczynski-police-sketch-1-tony-rubino.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	23127

Comment

• NFFrog
        NFFrog commented
        Editing a comment
        I smell a Marlboro!
    • NFFrog
      Old, gray member
      • Jul 2020

OK, I've decided to watch Liz, at least.

10 mins in I have to say I don't think a better master class in (sorry in advance) double tapping to the face has ever been constructed. Worse, much as I hate what her father did and she is much the same, she reminds me of my own mother in high dudgeon. Hadn't really looked at her before in any video, but the resemblance in expression and demeanor is downright uncanny. Wasn't expecting mommy issues!

Sadly, motivated ignorance is probably even a more powerful force than mom.
      Last edited by NFFrog; June 10, 2022, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• Boston Frog
        Wacker Backer
        • Jul 2020

Not including YouTube and other streaming outlets

Comment

• NFFrog
          NFFrog commented
          Editing a comment
          What was the Fox share at the time, I wonder? ...Oh, about 2.96 mill, I see.
          Last edited by NFFrog; June 11, 2022, 07:27 AM.

• Poison Arrow Frog
          Poison Arrow Frog commented
          Editing a comment
          I streamed mine. Hubs is a die hard Trump fun— so I watch at 3:30 am.
      • Friskyfrog
        Still a Female Feminist
        • Jul 2020

I had to work today so just now catching up on the hearing this morning. I appreciate the phrase “an apparently inebriated Rudy Giuliani” becoming an official part of the historical record.

Comment

• Friskyfrog
          Still a Female Feminist
          • Jul 2020

Comment

• Friskyfrog
            Still a Female Feminist
            • Jul 2020

That Texas GOP platform 😳

Comment

• Boston Frog
              Wacker Backer
              • Jul 2020

Originally posted by Friskyfrog View Post
              That Texas GOP platform 😳
              This one?

Comment

• SFAFrog
                SFAFrog commented
                Editing a comment
                Gotta love our own extremists...

The only problem is that I can't figure out what religion they're taking to the extreme. It seems to be the religion of hating that people aren't exactly like them.
            • Friskyfrog
              Still a Female Feminist
              • Jul 2020

So Kinzinger’s wife can can get a letter threatening to execute their family and Greitens can run ads showing the hunting of people and the entire Texas GOP can just declare the President wasn’t elected and openly call for secession and we’re all supposed to pretend this is normal and not at all signs that we’re living in a violent hellscape at the end of American democracy?

Oh well, maybe those Uvalde police will save us.

Comment

• Boston Frog
                Boston Frog commented
                Editing a comment
                By 2025, they'll have total control
            • frogtwang
              Pickin’ and Grinnin’
              • Jul 2020

Back the Pew-pew
              No lives matter
              f baylor
              Never trust an American who worships the monarchy.

Comment

• MercenaryLibrarian
                Junior Woodchuck
                • Jul 2020

We're screwed. The United States will be a memory within ten years. Not sure what will be in its place, but I'm seriously gonna have to start an escape from Texas plan.

Comment

• MercenaryLibrarian
                  MercenaryLibrarian commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I guess one thing that would come out of all of this is that the world of college sports would be blown to hell and the realignment would be insane.

• NFFrog
                  NFFrog commented
                  Editing a comment
                  re. ML 26.6...

Further, Texas alone gets something like 85 billion in federal monies from the military alone. Doubt they'll let the feds just up and walk away with all that.

Basically, the enemies of democracy have found that a) attacking fractures, b) putting a lot of funding into it, and c) now ending up where scams are one of the easiest ways to make big bucks quick out there is quite successful over the long haul. Many professional religionists are equally culpable if not more so as the funding methods are quite related and have added force when you add the "voice of God and Jesus" to it. Not sure how it's going to come out in the wash, but those who are funding/promulgating it all must be at least reasonably pleased that positive feedbacks are really starting to take hold. It remains to be seen whether there is a collapse/fracture point or a ceiling which cannot be breached but I think we'll know for sure which it is within 36 months.
                  Last edited by NFFrog; June 21, 2022, 06:42 AM.

• Duquesne Frog
                  Duquesne Frog commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There are parallels to be drawn between Jan 6 and the Beer Hall Putsch. The BHP didn't work either. Hitler used Germanys electoral system to get power.
              • Friskyfrog
                Still a Female Feminist
                • Jul 2020

Lineup for tomorrow’s hearing:

Comment

• Lyle Lanley III
                  • Jul 2020

I keep seeing criticism of these hearings as being "one sided" - despite the fact that one side opted not to cooperate....and that most of the testimony is from their own side anyway!

Comment

• Friskyfrog
                    Friskyfrog commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hillary conceded within hours, Trump called Wisconsin LAST WEEK to pressure election officials to somehow overturn the 2020 election. And the different response of law enforcement based on who was protesting is definitely an important element to the larger picture here so I’m all for digging into that.

• gohornedfrogs
                    gohornedfrogs commented
                    Editing a comment
                    September 26, 2019 -- nearly three years after the election. She may have conceded, but she still didn't recognize Trump as a legitimate president.
                    Clinton compared her 2016 election loss to “applying for a job and getting 66 million letters of recommendation and losing to a corrupt human tornado.”

• Friskyfrog
                    Friskyfrog commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don’t have a WaPo subscription. At any rate, she absolutely conceded within hours and the levers of transition were not impeded. Protests that aren’t violent and don’t attempt (successfully!) to stop or delay ballot certification, or people saying stupid stuff, do not in any way compare to what went down on January 6th. American democracy itself was attacked and barely survived. I completely agree with you, though, that the 7-2 split is less than ideal and I really wish McCarthy had been willing to put country over party just this once and cooperate in this historical investigation to make our country stronger going forward.
                • Duquesne Frog
                  Arnold Layne
                  • Jul 2020

Originally posted by Friskyfrog View Post
                  Lineup for tomorrow’s hearing:

Watching the highlights a few obeservations
                  1. The Republican state officials yesterday, with no sign of hesitation, said they wanted Trump to win. I know it benefits the committee for them to appear partisan on the right, so they're not going ask them if their opinion of the man has changed. But surely at this point they would not so proudly feel the same way. What does the man have to do to lose their support?
                  2. The Arizona guy says that it is a tenet of his faith that the Constitution was "divinely inspired". I know one can view anything and everything as divinely inspired, but this struck me as profoundly weird. The conflation of God and Country that occurs for some people is just something I have never been able to wrap my brain around. The Founders were flawed but very smart people who made an extremely flawed and brilliant document that was in and of its time. It is a document of humans, by humans, and for humans. The Bible (also a document of, by, and for humans, in and of its time) is quite explicit about the flawed nature of all humans. I mean that is sort of the whole point of the "Render unto Caesar" parable, right?
                  Last edited by Duquesne Frog; June 22, 2022, 06:41 AM.

Comment

• Friskyfrog
                    Friskyfrog commented
                    Editing a comment
                    In my observation, people seem to claim that the Constitution is divinely inspired so they can then say that their right to a gun is “God given”. To say this is a massive theological leap is an understatement, but once you claim you are acting on God’s behalf you can justify anything you do or say.

I’ve been preaching on the danger of the “God and Country” for more than 10 years. Neither government or the churches benefit from this blending.

• Poison Arrow Frog
                    Poison Arrow Frog commented
                    Editing a comment
                    @frisky I guess if people want that, they could move to Iran.

• gohornedfrogs
                    gohornedfrogs commented
                    Editing a comment
                    On the flip side, it could be viewed by those on the right that modern-day liberals are divining righteousness from neo-liberalism (wokeism -- if you want to call it that). It has become a de-facto religion in many respects and is being widely institutionalized at the federal level. And that's fine for people to use that for their moral/ethical guidance...but to the example above, I think the whole point is that our moral/ethical compass has to come from somewhere. We're just going to disagree where that is. Just don't be surprised when both sides refuse to yield to the other.
                    Last edited by gohornedfrogs; July 22, 2022, 04:04 PM.
                • NFFrog
                  Old, gray member
                  • Jul 2020

In what universe does an Army general even not a presently serving one take the 5th when asked if he believes in the peaceful peaceful transition of power in America? That ought to start court martial proceeding with respect to his retirement status in any normal "American" universe as that is a clear violation of his oath and likely of the UCMJ.
                  Last edited by NFFrog; June 28, 2022, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• MercenaryLibrarian
                    MercenaryLibrarian commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Meh. It's been made clear the last few years that laws are completely flexible and if not flexible, the SCOTUS can just come up with random reasons to throw them out.
                Working...
                X