No announcement yet.

War in Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transport planes heading east have been passing thru in huge numbers, lately, of course. Today there was a new development. A large flight of A-10s refueled in Gander and headed east.

Not necessarily good news.

Comment

I've been listening to the BBCs coverage lately, especially as our media and public gets distracted and starts to forget that Ukraine is happening. BBC is reporting there is growing concern that this conflict is barreling toward a nuclear showdown. Putin has apparently taken to calling the US and Brits "Anglo-Saxons" in a derogatory manner, in an effort of dehumanizing "othering" in much the same way he dehumanized Ukrainians as Nazis.

Comment

• Friskyfrog
        Friskyfrog commented
        Editing a comment
        Who can worry about nuclear war when there are ass-mohawk videos of Madison Cawthorn?

• Boston Frog
        Boston Frog commented
        Editing a comment
        Similar reporting is coming out of France. The French are freaking out about nuclear war big time. Understandable given their location.

The musicians said they were performing in Kyiv at the invitation of Ukraine's president. They played acoustic versions of U2 hits and also shared the "stage" with the Ukrainian band Antytila.

Comment

• Duquesne Frog
        Duquesne Frog commented
        Editing a comment
        I know U2 and Bono specifically annoy a lot of people with their public gestures of philanthropy, but few actually walk the walk like they/he does.

The Russkies are starting to threaten the Finns and Swedes.

The Finns response:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1_Screenshot-2022-02-28-at-134722.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	22452
      Yeah....I dont believe it either....

Comment

• Boston Frog
        Boston Frog commented
        Editing a comment
        The Russians should know that the Finns are not to be messed with.
    Working...
    X