X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Lyle Lanley III

• Lyle Lanley III
    replied
    Bad news: The American Covid death count has now passed 900,000, and we're on pace to hit 60k for January alone.

Good news: New cases appear to be starting a declining trend. Nationwide, the 7-day average for new cases is down about 29% from the peak it reached two weeks ago. In Texas, the 7-day average is down about 26% from the peak it reached 10 days ago.

Bad news: The emergence of the (even more contagious) Omicron "BA.2" subvariant in places like Denmark, the UK and Sweden means that the Omicron wave may end up lasting longer in some places than previously assumed.

Leave a comment:

• SFAFrog
    Benevolent Dictator

• SFAFrog
    commented on 's reply
    The unit my MIL teaches at has been in medical lockdown for all of January. In December they didn’t have enough officers to even have classes.
  • SFAFrog
    Benevolent Dictator

• SFAFrog
    commented on 's reply
    The doctor was all optimistic that he wasn’t positive because the positivity rate there has gone down so much.
  • weklfrog
    Howard Henderson

• weklfrog
    replied
    A 74 year old man serving a 14 year sentence for mail fraud at the Federal Medical Center Fort Worth has died of COVID, becoming the 17th COVID death at that facility. It was the man's second bout with COVID. People in prisons are 4.77 times as likely to be infected with COVID than the general population.

Leave a comment:

• weklfrog
    Howard Henderson

• weklfrog
    commented on 's reply
    I was yesterday years old when I learned that RFKjr's wife was actress Cheryl Hines of Curb Your Enthusiasm fame.
  • Boston Frog
    Wacker Backer

• Boston Frog
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry, SFA. Hopefully it's no big deal.
  • SFAFrog
    Benevolent Dictator

• SFAFrog
    replied
    Isaac is positive!

Felicia 2/21 (between her first and second shots)
    MF 1/22 (three days before her first vaccine was scheduled)
    Isaac 1/22 (five days after his booster)

Leave a comment:

• Duquesne Frog
    Arnold Layne

• Duquesne Frog
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. So far it doesn't seem bad. Mild headache, runny nose, some dizziness, generally lethargic. Given how active we have been post-vaccine, we are probably damn lucky to have made it this far without a case in the family.
  • SFAFrog
    Benevolent Dictator

• SFAFrog
    commented on 's reply
    We go tomorrow. I’m assuming it will be. He’s tired, lethargic, sore, and congested.
  • Boston Frog
    Wacker Backer

• Boston Frog
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry to hear this news. Hopefully nobody will get too sick.
  • Duquesne Frog
    Arnold Layne

• Duquesne Frog
    commented on 's reply
    A positive test?
  • Duquesne Frog
    Arnold Layne

• Duquesne Frog
    commented on 's reply
    And Spotify has now complied ...
  • Duquesne Frog
    Arnold Layne

• Duquesne Frog
    replied
    The Duq family's good fortune with Covid ends today. L'il Duq has tested positive ... now the wait for the sword of Damocles ....

Leave a comment:

• SFAFrog
    Benevolent Dictator

• SFAFrog
    replied
    Originally posted by SFAFrog View Post
    My 15 year old texted me at 10:15, "I feel like crap. I feel dizzy when I walk, like when I don't feel good."
    and his temp is 101 when he got home from school…

Leave a comment:

• Boston Frog
    Wacker Backer

• Boston Frog
    commented on 's reply
    I hope he feels better soon. My 8-year-old had a very mild case and recovered easily.
Working...
X