The COVID-19 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Friskyfrog View Post

They are seeing cases transmitting outdoors within seconds.
    Is that right? That's very scary. We've kind of used the outdoors as a safe space.

Comment

• NFFrog
      NFFrog commented
      Editing a comment
      If you can smell a person's perfume/cologne/aftershave, you are in exposure range and have picked up particles.

• Boston Frog
      Boston Frog commented
      Editing a comment
      Bah gawd I'm staying out of the Italian neighborhoods

• MF is going to pre-k run by my school district. I didn’t mask at summer school, but all but one of my students did. I don’t think any of them were vaccinated. I’ll be masked to start school and so will my three personal children, two of whom are vaccinated. Thankfully though our great governor has made sure that we all have the freedom to get everyone sick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston Frog View Post

Honestly, how? What are the risks?
      Not enough data to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Friskyfrog View Post

Symptomatic? How severe?

I think with this Delta variant we are facing a reality that most every unvaccinated person will contract the virus. So the looming question is how many children will be seriously impacted and if there is anything that can be done to mitigate this.
        After Delta comes Lambda which is pushing cases very high in Peru. 81% of cases there. That was end of June when Peru led the world in covid cases. So, naturally there is a lot of worry about Lambda. Conversely, perhaps because Peru is such a poor country that the outcomes are so grim.

My new favorite follow for all things covid is Stuart Neil in Great Britain. (On Twitter)

Comment

Is that right? That's very scary. We've kind of used the outdoors as a safe space.
          Delta has an R0 of 8-10. Wild type SARSCoV2 was 2-3. Its getting ugly folks.

Comment

• This breaks my heart:

https://www.mediaite.com/news/doctor...-its-too-late/

Comment

• Originally posted by Poison Arrow Frog View Post

Delta has an R0 of 8-10. Wild type SARSCoV2 was 2-3. Its getting ugly folks.
              So, that's ... worse?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Poison Arrow Frog;n12455]

After Delta comes Lambda w/QUOTE]

The forbidden dance?

Comment

• I read today about a double-vaxxed guy in P-Town catching COVID and getting really sick with it for a couple of days. That's not the type of thing I need to be reading. I guess the positive thing is he didn't die or end up in the hospital.

Comment

• We were able to stop MF inhalers on her last day of school. I wonder if they’re going to make us start them back. They didn’t want to take her off of them until she wasn’t around kids all the time.

Comment

So, that's ... worse?
                      Yes. It is considered controllable (wo vaccine) if the R0 is less than 1. wt SARSCoV2 was 2-3, alpha 3-5, smallpox 5-8, measles 13-18.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Boston Frog;n12471]
                        Originally posted by Poison Arrow Frog View Post

After Delta comes Lambda w/QUOTE]

The forbidden dance?

Lambda is sexy...

Comment

I read today about a double-vaxxed guy in P-Town catching COVID and getting really sick with it for a couple of days. That's not the type of thing I need to be reading. I guess the positive thing is he didn't die or end up in the hospital.
                          Regarding Delta variant:
                          Sure. There is breakthrough with both Pfizer, and moderna. Weirdly J & J does the best of the three. So, if you are doublevaxxed or have J & J, you should be fine. Virtually 100% protection from serious disease. Not sure if the vax helps significantly with long covid, though, although it should--it just hasn't been studied.
                          Last edited by Poison Arrow Frog; July 21, 2021, 12:40 PM. Reason: This is just about delta.

Comment

• Originally posted by SFAFrog View Post
                            MF is going to pre-k run by my school district. I didn’t mask at summer school, but all but one of my students did. I don’t think any of them were vaccinated. I’ll be masked to start school and so will my three personal children, two of whom are vaccinated. Thankfully though our great governor has made sure that we all have the freedom to get everyone sick.
                            Vote that fucker out!

Anyone else see how Tennessee is on team virus? I wouldn't want to live there.

Comment

• SFAFrog
                              SFAFrog commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I’ve tried several times.

• Abbott reiterated Tuesday that Texas schoolchildren will not face mask requirements as they return to school later this summer.

Comment

Working...
                            X