No announcement yet.

The COVID-19 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FF...As I'm sure you know, deaths are a lagging indicator and would be expected to rise for a while yet (as are positive tests, for that matter, except about 2-4 weeks less lagging).Basically if the community rate goes up or down it's not seen in the positive test stats for about 10 days, the hospitalization rates change a bit later, with death only tracking that same change about a month later. Better treatments help, as can changes downward in the age of the infected population. But this can be disentangled mathematically if necessary for research/prediction..

In particular, in TX/AR/FL it looks like the positive test rate may be turning the corner. But expect at the least another 10K deaths or more in TX over the next 2-3 weeks before any dropoff as the present death rate reflects the actual situation a month ago now and the observed positive test rate about 2 weeks ago, give or take.

Comment

Originally posted by NFFrog View Post
      FF...As I'm sure you know, deaths are a lagging indicator and would be expected to rise for a while yet (as are positive tests, for that matter, except about 2-4 weeks less lagging).Basically if the community rate goes up or down it's not seen in the positive test stats for about 10 days, the hospitalization rates change a bit later, with death only tracking that same change about a month later. Better treatments help, as can changes downward in the age of the infected population. But this can be disentangled mathematically if necessary for research/prediction..

In particular, in TX/AR/FL it looks like the positive test rate may be turning the corner. But expect at the least another 10K deaths or more in TX over the next 2-3 weeks before any dropoff as the present death rate reflects the actual situation a month ago now and the observed positive test rate about 2 weeks ago, give or take.
      How is CA looking?

Comment

• NFFrog
        NFFrog commented
        Editing a comment
        Slower growth, i.e., shallower curve, rather than the sharp spikes we see in the other three, so changes will be slower as they are less drastic and harder to see statistically.
        Last edited by NFFrog; July 30, 2020, 07:13 AM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EeImMLdWAAgRuwu.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	863
      Yeah....I dont believe it either....

Comment

Herman Cain just died of COVID.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbomb Turk View Post
          He was at the trump Tulsa rally on June 20 without wearing a mask and tested positive on June 29.
          Last edited by weklfrog; July 30, 2020, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Who knew Herman Cain was so deep state that he'd fake his own death just to perpetuate a left-wing media hoax?

Comment

It's a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma.

The mask gave me Covid. It is a hoax. It isn't real and it is all China's fault. It will disappear after the election.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbomb Turk View Post
                He had Covid when he died, but we don't know what he died of. They just blame Covid to scare people.

Comment

Re. Cain: What will Gohmert say, I wonder?
                  Last edited by NFFrog; July 30, 2020, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Re. lagging indicators, even though the rise in case rates seems to have slowed, the deaths in both FL and AZ are still setting daily records. This will turn likely in a week or two in these two states. Not to say that the continuing mortality won't be serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyle Lanley III View Post
                      Who knew Herman Cain was so deep state that he'd fake his own death just to perpetuate a left-wing media hoax?
                      Man, he'd do anything to own the Libs...

Comment

Name:	imageproxy.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	228.1 KB
ID:	912
                        Yeah....I dont believe it either....

Comment

The American death count has now passed 155,000.

Comment

Originally posted by RSK View Post

Name:	imageproxy.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	228.1 KB
ID:	912
                            So many struggle with this concept ...

Comment

Originally posted by Duquesne Frog View Post

So many struggle with this concept ...
                              I picked up some to go from Sesame House and I realized I'm not sure how to regulate my voice when I have a mask and they have the plexiglass wall up. I felt a little shouty. It must be the cheapest lunch in DFW, btw.

Most people that we encounter on rare occasions at grocery stores or out in the park are respectful, polite and good natured. Most walkers give a nod and a wide berth.
                              Last edited by pcf; August 01, 2020, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X