The COVID-19 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pcf View Post
    I don't know if the nation will spend patriotically to get out of this hole like we did with 9/11 and 2007-8. I question the wherewithal and the circumstances as well as the mood. This is a bigger hit to the economy, and I wonder if the mood to save big corporations is the same as it was in the other crisis.

This seems like our worry is bigger than the economy. It seems like we have to aim at family and individuals with relief rather than stimulus. Of course, the financial sector is getting the most immediate relief.
    I hate to compare 9/11 because we brought that on ourselves. We did the bidding of the Saudi crown and fought back a tyrant from a country that was stealing his oil. The result was decades of global killing in the name of the false prophet of "global terrorism"...

We have already spent trillions and likely will spend more which will only lead to the downfall of the US Dollar and further separate the haves from the have nots. The economy was already in a precarious position pre-COVID fueled by the massive currency manipulation by the federal reserve and their massive continued injection of asset purchases. COVID only showed how unstable the economy was and has pushed us towards the precipice of financial collapse.

Gold is up 24% YTD...silver is massively undervalued RN.
    Last edited by Rothbardian; July 22, 2020, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rothbardian View Post

We have already spent trillions and likely will spend more which will only lead to the downfall of the US Dollar and further separate the haves from the have nots. The economy was already in a precarious position pre-COVID fueled by the massive currency manipulation by the federal reserve and their massive continued injection of asset purchases. COVID only showed how unstable the economy was and has pushed us towards the precipice of financial collapse.

Gold is up 24% YTD...silver is massively undervalued RN.
      We have worse real economy problems than we do financial problems. All currencies/central banks are doing the same thing so value relative to one another is sort of abstract.

I also have thought silver was historically cheap. That should make you question it big time.

There are only so many games in town.

Comment

The American death count has now passed 150,000.

The death count in Texas has now passed 5,000.

Comment

In a 120 days Texas might pass Illinois...on pace guy

Comment

Originally posted by Lyle Lanley III View Post
            The American death count has now passed 150,000.

The death count in Texas has now passed 5,000.
            Texas is posting over 1,000 deaths for today.

Comment

Originally posted by Friskyfrog View Post

Texas is posting over 1,000 deaths for today.
              Looks like some data never made it to the state.

"That search resulted in the discovery of 631 deaths not previously reported, Van Deusen said. Monday’s death toll was 44." per Bloomberg news.

Daily cases in Texas are on decline and so are fatalities.
              Last edited by Rothbardian; July 27, 2020, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rothbardian View Post

Looks like some data never made it to the state.

"That search resulted in the discovery of 631 deaths not previously reported, Van Deusen said. Monday’s death toll was 44." per Bloomberg news.

Daily cases in Texas are on decline and so are fatalities.
                I thought the number on the dashboard looked crazy high and wondered if they had done some adjusting.

This article explains a little more:
                https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07...avirus-deaths/

This part jumped out at me:

After the number of infections in Texas soared to new highs in June and early July, the rate of deaths in Texas has been accelerating. It took 53 days to get from the first death to 1,000 deaths and 39 days to get from 1,000 to 2,000 deaths. On July 10, the state surpassed 3,000 deaths — 24 days after 2,000 deaths were reported. And it took only 10 more days for Texas to reach 4,000 deaths.

Comment

Louie Gohmert Pyle, the congressman from Tyler, has tested positive.

Comment

Has there been any updates on Herman Cain's condition? I think he is still in the hospital.

Comment

Louis is too stupid to wear a mask or distance. Wonder how many others he got?

Comment

Originally posted by Friskyfrog View Post

Has there been any updates on Herman Cain's condition? I think he is still in the hospital.
                        His condition is 3 pizzas for $5 each...

Comment

Making my hometown proud for decades ...

Comment

He blamed it on wearing a mask.

Comment

• NFFrog
                              NFFrog commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I thought you were joking. Good Lord... I was wrong.

Tarrant County has advised an elevated risk of West Nile.

Because, of course...
                            Yeah....I dont believe it either....

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	EeI3OdsXoAE7qsJ?format=png&name=large.png
Views:	64
Size:	832.3 KB
ID:	840

Comment

Working...
                              X