No announcement yet.

The COVID-19 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the Abbinator just finished 2 weeks of Camp Thurman. Just as a precaution, we had her tested today.

Negative.
    Yeah....I dont believe it either....

Comment

Originally posted by RSK View Post
      So the Abbinator just finished 2 weeks of Camp Thurman. Just as a precaution, we had her tested today.

Negative.
      What about for COVID-19?

Comment

Negative.
        Did she mind the swab up the nose? For me it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by Friskyfrog View Post

Did she mind the swab up the nose? For me it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.
          The 1st time caught her by surprise. The 2nd swab required a bit of courage building. So I'm told.

Comment

Was the second swab from the grassy knoll?

Comment

Mansfield ISD now going all remote for the 1st 6 weeks. Not surprised, mixed emotions.

Comment

Texas will delay the start of the public high school football season for its largest schools by a month as the state grapples with a recent surge of new coronavirus cases, hospitalizations and deaths.

Instead of starting practice Aug. 3, those schools can now start Sept. 7. The first games can be played Sept. 24, a month after the originally scheduled opening weekend.

The University Interscholastic League said it focused the delay on larger schools, as many of them are in the state's largest metropolitan areas, which have been hit hardest by the surge of virus cases.

Comment

My daughter is starting at UTA in the fall and they have a ridiculous assortment of classes. Face to face, 3 styles of hybrid classes, online classes (synchronous and asynchronous) and web. Web classes are old fashioned online classes. Online are former F2F classes now online and they can either be synchronous which means everyone tunes in at the same time or asynchronous where you watch it whenever.

The hybrid seems the strangest. I can't remember all the permutations, but it seems to me that it will quickly evolve into online anyway. If it is online for half the class, what is the benefit of having half come in for 50 minutes a week?

At this point, I'd rather they just go online and forego the hassle of sporadic meeting behind masks.

Comment

If somebody murders a co-worker who's working from home, would that be considered a COVID death?

Asking for a friend....

Comment

Comment

If somebody murders a co-worker who's working from home, would that be considered a COVID death?

Asking for a friend....
                        Your friend has one of those also? I won’t have to commit murder. She got terminated, wouldn’t leave the office, and HR called her and said if she didn’t leave they were calling the police and have her arrested for trespassing.

Comment

One family unit in Austin now has a case. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by NFFrog View Post
                            One family unit in Austin now has a case. :-(
                            Sorry to hear. Hope they recover soon...

Comment

I don't know if the nation will spend patriotically to get out of this hole like we did with 9/11 and 2007-8. I question the wherewithal and the circumstances as well as the mood. This is a bigger hit to the economy, and I wonder if the mood to save big corporations is the same as it was in the other crisis.

This seems like our worry is bigger than the economy. It seems like we have to aim at family and individuals with relief rather than stimulus. Of course, the financial sector is getting the most immediate relief.

Comment

The American death count has now passed 145,000.

Comment

Working...
                                X