No announcement yet.

Our well regulated militias 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eight people are dead after a gunman entered a supermarket in Buffalo, New York, and opened fire Saturday afternoon, law enforcement sources said. The shooter...

Comment

• Friskyfrog
      Friskyfrog commented
      Editing a comment
      Well Newf, this was a lone wolf white supremist, we shouldn’t judge all white supremists by his actions.

• NFFrog
      NFFrog commented
      Editing a comment
      True...it's not like he's one of those "urban dweller thugs and animals" that are all alike. He's basically a good boy who took a wrong turn. Again, unlike those thugs and animals he was amongst.

• Boston Frog
      Boston Frog commented
      Editing a comment
      Just remember Tucker Carlson had nothing to do with this

• We walked to the convocation ceremony from Abigail’s apartment instead of fighting for parking. We tried to go in through the security checkpoint and then were informed that purses are forbidden unless clear and Abigail’s 83 year old grandmother had, of course, brought a purse. So we had to get Philip to run all the way back to the car in his dress clothes. Because freedom is fun.
    Last edited by Friskyfrog; May 14, 2022, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• weklfrog
      weklfrog commented
      Editing a comment
      It just another word for nothing left to lose.

• We have two mass shootings happening at the same time going on.
    Two people are dead and three others are hurt in a shooting at a Houston flea market on Sunday, the Harris County Sheriff's Office said.

Comment

• Friskyfrog
      Friskyfrog commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh wow, this is a Presbyterian church. Hubby knows the pastor.

• Friskyfrog
      Friskyfrog commented
      Editing a comment
      Details are trickling out and I’m kinda weirdly proud that the church members hogtied the shooter.

• Nine people were shot, one of whom is dead, following a shooting in San Bernardino Saturday.

Comment

• NFFrog
      NFFrog commented
      Editing a comment
      See...marijuana DOES promote violence.

• Court documents are revealing new details about a shooting in Wells Saturday which left a toddler dead and two men injured

Comment

• Boston Frog
      Boston Frog commented
      Editing a comment
      We go to Wells all the time. It's actually a pretty nice town right on the ocean. It doesn't seem like "that kind" of place, but then Maine gonna Maine.

• Comment

• Friskyfrog
      Friskyfrog commented
      Editing a comment
      We choose to live this way.

• NFFrog
      NFFrog commented
      Editing a comment
      Boston...that tweet is 4 years old! I'd be a little shocked at you if I thot Abbott thot differently now.

Anyway...You need today's tweet where Paxton tells us we need to "harden" schools and teach el ed teachers 1-on-1 armed shooter combat tactics...(I'm trying to imagine my kids' el ed teachers doing armed combat rolls in and out of cover in the hallways. It honestly doesn't compute.)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1529209566436655104

Certainly no other solution is possible.
      Last edited by NFFrog; May 24, 2022, 04:18 PM.

• Friskyfrog
      Friskyfrog commented
      Editing a comment
      Teachers can’t be trusted with decisions regarding curriculum content or materials, but they should definitely be trusted to wield deadly weaponry around large groups of children, obviously.

• f baylor
    Never trust an American who worships the monarchy.

Comment

• Comment

• f baylor

Comment

• God has spoken.
          f baylor

Comment

• I shouldn't have to feel the way I do when I drop my son off at school every day.

No parent should.

Comment

• NFFrog
              NFFrog commented
              Editing a comment
              Well at least you don't live in some shithole county, but rather in the land of the free and the home of the brave.

• We have to teach this.

It’s amazing to have to teach kids to throw stuff until you can get out of the building to run and hide in the neighborhood.

My new classroom will have a glass wall to the hallway.

Comment

• Friskyfrog
              Friskyfrog commented
              Editing a comment
              We use ALICE (an acronym for something) drills. Basically analysis of the Virginia Tech shooting showed that lockdowns produce sitting ducks and the rooms that barricaded their doors while in lockdown fared much better, if the shooter couldn’t get in easily then he moved to the next room. So now instead of simply hiding in the dark everyone decides if they want to run or stay and barricade/fight and you’re supposed to try and determine shooter location when making the decision. I teach little bitties so running isn’t recommended and they also aren’t much help with barricade building or god forbid trying to throw things at a shooter.

• Fuck you, you fucking scum

Texas attorney general says arming teachers 'best hope'

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, who is facing a challenge in Tuesday's Republican primary from George P. Bush, told Fox News in the aftermath of the shooting that passing gun laws wouldn't do anything to stop gun violence but that arming school personnel might.

"We can't stop bad people from doing bad things, if they're going to violate murder laws they're not going to follow gun laws, I've never understood that argument," Paxton said. "But we can harden these schools, we can create points of access that are difficult to get through. We can potentially arm and prepare and train teachers and other administrators to respond quickly because the reality is we don't have the resources to have law enforcement at every school.

"It takes time for law enforcement, no matter how prepared, no matter how good they are, to get there, so having the right training for some of these people at the school is the best hope," he added. "Nothing is going to work perfectly, but that, in my opinion, is the best answer to this problem."

Comment

• Boston Frog
              Boston Frog commented
              Editing a comment
              You had to know you were going to be carrying a firearm when you got into teaching

• MercenaryLibrarian
              MercenaryLibrarian commented
              Editing a comment
              I love the cognitive disconnect from Paxton and others like him.

Republicans: "Laws won't stop this because bad people do bad things. Instead, let's be proactive and train people how to handle these situations themselves and give them the tools they need to help prevent this from happening!"

Rational human beings: "You mean like abortion, sex education, and birth control?"

Republicans: "Oh god no! Those are evil and we must make laws that stop all that completely. Because life is such an important gift and should be protected at all costs! Save the children!"

Rational human being: "So... we should really try harder at getting guns out of the hands of people that would use them to kill people, particularly children?"

Republicans: "I don't see how we can stop them. 2nd Amendment, blah, blah, blah. Laws won't stop bad guys. No way to know this would happen"

ad infintum

• This shit can go eff itself too:

By now you have likely heard about today’s horrific school shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde CISD. Our hearts and prayers go out to Robb Elementary educators, students, and families as well as the entire Uvalde CISD community during this time.

Over the next several days, there will likely be extensive coverage of this tragedy. We encourage you to pause and review safety and security protocols. Please know that the safety and security of our students is always our top priority. We have several safety and security measures in place that include Emergency Operations Plans, response actions, and notification protocols tailored to each campus and the communities we serve.

This appears to be an isolated incident very far from our schools, however we want to remain sensitive to our students and parents that may have concerns about safety and children’s reactions to tragic events. Below are some tips from the National Association of School Psychologists and the National Child Traumatic Stress Network for helping children cope with news such as this.

What Parents/Guardians Can Do:
            • Make time to talk with them and stay close to them. It is helpful for parents to help children verbalize their feelings so that they don’t feel alone with their emotions. It is important to acknowledge the normality of their feelings and to correct any distortions of the traumatic events that they express.
            • Your physical presence will reassure them and give you the opportunity to monitor their reaction. Many children will want actual physical contact. Give plenty of hugs. Let them sit close to you, and make sure to take extra time at bedtime to cuddle and to reassure them that they are loved and safe.
            • Limit your child’s television viewing of these events. If they must watch, watch with them for a brief time, then turn the device off. Refrain from re-watching the same events over and over again.
            • Maintain a “normal” routine. To the extent possible, stick to your family’s normal routine for dinner, homework, chores, bedtime, etc., but don’t be inflexible. Children may have a hard time concentrating on schoolwork or falling asleep at night.
            • Spend extra time reading or playing quiet games with your children before bed. These activities are calming, foster a sense of closeness and security, and reinforce a sense of normalcy. Let them sleep with a light on if they ask for it.
            • Safeguard your children’s physical health. Stress can take a physical toll on children as well as adults. Make sure your children get appropriate sleep, exercise, and nutrition.
            • Consider thinking hopeful thoughts for the victims and their families. It may be a good time to write a poem or draw a picture to help your child express their feelings and feel that they are somehow supporting the victims and their families.

If you have concerns about your child’s reaction to this news this week, please contact your child’s school counselor. If your child experiences ongoing concerns when school is out for summer, several community counseling resources are available to assist families. For a list of community resource referrals, please see these links:

For additional resources on helping children and adolescents cope after tragedy, please see the following links:
            As always, please reach out to any of our campuses or to our district administration with any questions or concerns you may have.

Comment

• Looks like the numbers are up to 18 kids and 3 adults now. Sandy Hook territory. I am already mentally bracing at the pictures we’ll be seeing of their sweet faces.

Comment

Working...
              X