No announcement yet.

Frisky's New House Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will there be plenty of windows for bird watching?
    f baylor
    Never trust an American who worships the monarchy.

Comment

• NFFrog
      NFFrog commented
      Editing a comment
      Old people LOVE drinking tea and looking out at birds through household windows. You're totally set up for retirement!

Originally posted by frogtwang View Post
    Of course, what else would the old people talk about?

Hope y’all don’t mind eating fajitas and chocolate chip cookies everyday, I don’t cook much else.

Comment

Originally posted by Friskyfrog View Post

Of course, what else would the old people talk about?

Hope y’all don’t mind eating fajitas and chocolate chip cookies everyday, I don’t cook much else.
      With colossal margaritas.
      f baylor

Comment

I learned with my mommy that I’m never going to put someone in a nursing home again. Residential care homes are like 10,000 times better.

Comment

• NFFrog
          NFFrog commented
          Editing a comment
          A "place for mom"? (My kids remind me every time they see that ad).

I'd like to get old enough to eat and drink whatever I want without worrying whether it will make me fat or kill me or both. Does that age ever arrive?

Comment

• SFAFrog
          SFAFrog commented
          Editing a comment
          No, you just care less because you’re so close to death in every other way.

• Boston Frog
          Boston Frog commented
          Editing a comment
          We all are ... but the kids. I have to stay alive for the kids

• Poison Arrow Frog
          Poison Arrow Frog commented
          Editing a comment
          As soon as the doc says you’re terminal.

I think the guy building our fence decided to change the side our gate is on because the side it was on has an incline and the other side doesn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAFrog View Post
          I think the guy building our fence decided to change the side our gate is on because the side it was on has an incline and the other side doesn’t.
          I could also just be an idiot in regard to building a fence and gate.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	CLmc_nMloPFl9ZS8UkBnFS8aB6YhABBf7wDgCUbqxAwbnODeV_G12YASGCkNC_SdgAr8ZqA80h4pHpLg8HZoIakhFWrkdCdW5SIjzbG7ZG81pjpBBlwrgRW_-24woDQOHvZZ1QigHM4rbbMhdCrzFj4k3Cs4aEAoS9731Uhx833R6e6uKnQB4w7e3l5WNg3fLtF4IAvbaEHsiKdbsvJd3UGZVgG_q3efkaZf8aHwjjTlwwbgy5FygbnPPCgXTS_
Views:	66
Size:	220.4 KB
ID:	12185

Roof on, windows and doors in, lots of apparent progress on plumbing and electricity

Comment

Originally posted by Friskyfrog View Post
              Click image for larger version

Name:	CLmc_nMloPFl9ZS8UkBnFS8aB6YhABBf7wDgCUbqxAwbnODeV_G12YASGCkNC_SdgAr8ZqA80h4pHpLg8HZoIakhFWrkdCdW5SIjzbG7ZG81pjpBBlwrgRW_-24woDQOHvZZ1QigHM4rbbMhdCrzFj4k3Cs4aEAoS9731Uhx833R6e6uKnQB4w7e3l5WNg3fLtF4IAvbaEHsiKdbsvJd3UGZVgG_q3efkaZf8aHwjjTlwwbgy5FygbnPPCgXTS_
Views:	66
Size:	220.4 KB
ID:	12185

Roof on, windows and doors in, lots of apparent progress on plumbing and electricity
              When did Kentucky get indoor plumbing and electricity? Does Mitch McConnell know about this?

Comment

Originally posted by frogtwang View Post
                I look forward to seeing my large woodpecker and tufted tit mouses each day.

Comment

Originally posted by pcf View Post

I look forward to seeing my large woodpecker and tufted tit mouses each day.
                  A Lesser Gold Finch drew my attention a few months ago. I hadn’t seen a bird of that color before and wasn’t sure what it was, ended up downloading Audoban and Merlin Bird ID. I try to keep up with some of the birds I’ve seen along the San Gabriel River behind where I live, the tough part is remembering to log them as opposed to just watching and observing.
                  f baylor

Comment

I have little talent for distinguishing any but the most obvious species, but that's mostly what we get in the backyard. You've probably got a great site for a variety of birds.

My dad has all these huge birds eating cat food where he feeds his strays. Starlings, grackles and blue jays have taken over his patio.

Comment

• NFFrog
                      NFFrog commented
                      Editing a comment
                      There are apps for this. I adore my plant ID app. Classic machine learning!

• SFAFrog
                      SFAFrog commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I use my plant ID app a lot.

My crazy lady neighbor brought over a can of stain in case the guy doing our fence wanted to go ahead and match ours to hers

Comment

That looks like swift progress on the house

Comment

Just did our pre-drywall walkthrough. Drywall will begin when electrical inspection is approved, hopefully in the next few days. Then drywall should take about 10 days. Final walkthrough tentatively scheduled for October 1, which would put closing around October 20.

Comment

Working...
                        X