No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Spencer Rattler....now OU's Caleb Williams is also entering the portal.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyle Lanley III View Post
      First Spencer Rattler....now OU's Caleb Williams is also entering the portal.
      Could we put in a bid for this guy? Because that's how it works now, right? A financial package in the name of NIL.

Comment

The way things are going at OU, they are going to be the SEC version of Nebraska.

Comment

Reports that Zach Evans is landing at Ole Miss ...

Comment

Originally posted by Duquesne Frog View Post
            Reports that Zach Evans is landing at Ole Miss ...
            I guess he'd rather lose to Baylor

I'm really close to being done with CFB

Comment

• NFFrog
              NFFrog commented
              Editing a comment
              There's some good soccer coming up in the next world cup qualifying window this month. The Cdn v. USA match outdoors in Hamilton could well match the NHL classic at Target Field last weekend for winter conditions.

• Boston Frog
              Boston Frog commented
              Editing a comment
              You know I'm a big soccer guy, anyway. It has probably become my favorite sport. I like being able to watch a whole game in two hours.

I'm not against players being able to transfer at will or getting paid to play CFB. They should be able to do those things. But it's going to kill my interest in the game because it's just a mini-NFL now. I'll still watch/follow the Frogs, of course, but my broader interest in the sport is just about dead.

Central Florida QB Dillon Gabriel has pulled the anti-Troy Aikman: he was slated to transfer to UCLA, but has switched and will now be transferring to Oklahoma.

Comment

Former Frog QB and Missouri DB Shawn Robinson has entered the portal as a grad transfer.

Comment

A player to keep an eye on:

Jaxon Player, DT from transferring from Tulsa, where he played for new TCU DC Joseph Gillespie. Had 5 sacks and 15 TFL this year - exactly the type of interior dominance you want in a 3-3-5 scheme. Originally from Waco, where he was teammates with Trevius Hodges-Tomlinson at Midway HS.

He has TCU in his Top 5 along with OU, Oklahoma State, Arkansas and Baylor. Thought to be a major priority for all of those coaching staffs.
              Last edited by Lyle Lanley III; January 05, 2022, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Zach Evans just announced via Twitter that he's headed to Ole Miss.

Comment

• NFFrog
                  NFFrog commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Seems like a weakish move football-wise. Financially may be a different matter.

• Lyle Lanley III
                  Lyle Lanley III commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Maybe it wasn't financially motivated. Maybe he'd just rather lose to Baylor than beat them?

• I wish I could say I wish him nothing but good luck, but honestly, I don't care. Do I blame him for taking advantage of a system he didn't create? No, not really. But he's adding to the atmosphere that is ultimately going to destroy college football for all but a handful of teams. I think that part of the significant appeal of college football is that the fans are largely more invested in the players than they are in pro football. These are kids that belong to the same club as the fans, that is, they are students and potential alumni of the same school the fans went to. There's more of a family feel to rooting for these kids. Plus they just overall seem more accessible than the highly paid professional mercenaries of the NFL.
                If college players are now going to jump from team to team with zero interest in building any sort of relationship with the fans (at least the ones not giving them money), then how are they any different from NFL players? Why should I care about a player or develop any sort of individual interest in when they are likely to leave and join another team? This is part of why I don't have much interest in pro sports. College has always felt more personal.
                I realize that a bunch of 18-20something-year-olds are not really going to be thinking about how their actions might affect something much bigger than them, nor do I really expect them to sacrifice what they see as best for them to help maintain a system they've been told is exploitive. The NIL isn't great for the world of college sports, but it probably at least resembles something like fairness. The transfer rule, though, when combined with this, is nothing but destructive.

Comment

• Boston Frog
                  Boston Frog commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Pretty much how I feel. It's a mini-NFL focused in the Deep South. Meh

• Rumor mill says that Jaxon Player is on TCU's campus for a visit today.

Some other potential incoming transfers to keep an eye on:

Xazavian Valladay: 6'0", 198lb RB from Wyoming, originally from the Chicago area. Ran for 1,063 yards and 6 TDs for the Cowboys this fall. In his four seasons in Laramie, he's accumulated 3,858 total yards from scrimmage and 21 TDs.

Alan Ali: 6'5", 309lb OL from SMU, orginally from Keller where he played at Timber Creek. Was 2nd team All-AAC this year. Has started 39 games for the Mustangs - with experience at Tackle, Guard and Center.

Emani Bailey: 5'8", 201lb RB from Louisiana-Lafayette, played his high school ball at Denton Ryan. Ran for 642 yards and 8 TDs for this Ragin' Cajuns this fall as a redshirt freshman.

Azizi Hearn: 6'1", 200lb CB from Wyoming. Originally from Oceanside, CA, he started his college career as a walk-on at Arizona. He started 3 games for the Wildcats in 2018 before transferring to Wyoming, where he's been a start the past two seasons.

Jared Wiley: 6'7" 255lb TE from Texas. Originally from Temple, where he was a year ahead of Quentin Johnston. Injuries have kept him from being on the field consistently in his three seasons in Austin, during which time he's accumulated 19 catches for 248 yards and 3 TDs.

Comment

• Lyle Lanley III
                  Editing a comment
                  Sonny has a pretty good track record with transfers as well.

• Boston Frog
                  Boston Frog commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Let's hope all of this works

• Lyle Lanley III
                  Editing a comment
                  Agreed.

• Originally posted by Lyle Lanley III View Post

Alan Ali: 6'5", 309lb OL from SMU, orginally from Keller where he played at Timber Creek. Was 2nd team All-AAC this year. Has started 39 games for the Mustangs - with experience at Tackle, Guard and Center.
                Ali announced this afternoon, via Twitter, that he is now a Horned Frog.

Comment

• Originally posted by Duquesne Frog View Post
                  Jeremy Clark thinks Casey Thompson may be coming to TCU. Not sure I think he's better than Duggan or Morris ...
                  Nebraska...
                  Yeah....I dont believe it either....

Comment

• NFFrog
                    NFFrog commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ...where I first became aware of big time college football.

Jared Wiley: 6'7" 255lb TE from Texas. Originally from Temple, where he was a year ahead of Quentin Johnston. Injuries have kept him from being on the field consistently in his three seasons in Austin, during which time he's accumulated 19 catches for 248 yards and 3 TDs.
                  Wiley is now a Horned Frog.

Comment

Emani Bailey: 5'8", 201lb RB from Louisiana-Lafayette, played his high school ball at Denton Ryan. Ran for 642 yards and 8 TDs for this Ragin' Cajuns this fall as a redshirt freshman.
                    Bailey announced this morning that he is now a Horned Frog.

Also worth nothing: his younger brother, Jordyn Bailey, is a Class of 2023 WR who holds a TCU offer among a list that also includes Tech, Colorado and Houston.

EDIT: No sooner had a posted this than Jordyn himself tweeted out his commitment. He's the second commit for our 2023 class.
                    Last edited by Lyle Lanley III; January 09, 2022, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• Lyle Lanley III
                      Editing a comment
                      The Bailey brothers are the nephews of former TCU defensive back Aundre Bruce.
                  Working...
                  X