CWS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CWS

Texas A&M graduate Zac Collier made the gesture after singing the anthem before a Texas game at the Women's College World Series.

On the one hand, it is funny how frigging sensitive UT fans about Horns Down and how quickly governing entities will come down on it to protect Longhorn fragility.

At the same time, how aggy is it to not be able to put aside your petty little penis envy for your rival to perform a non-partisan function like singing the national anthem.

Comment

• MercenaryLibrarian
      MercenaryLibrarian commented
      Editing a comment
      All I know is that I will be very surprised if the SEC decides to enforce a Horns Down ban

• Lyle Lanley III
      Lyle Lanley III commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, UT fans are way over-sensitive about the horns down - but a lot of this guy's fellow aggys have spent years in a huff over people kneeling during the anthem.

• MercenaryLibrarian
      Editing a comment
      Aggies and Horns are both insufferable fan bases.

I always thought the hand signs in general were kinda dumb going to my days as a student.
    Yeah....I dont believe it either....

Comment

• Duquesne Frog
      Duquesne Frog commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the hand signs in that they are pretty unique to the ol' SWC. I know USC has the V and there are a few others, but it's more or less just a SWC Texas school thing.

• MercenaryLibrarian
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, and legend has it, a bunch of the SWC ones had origins that involve TCU.

From “Hook ‘em, Horns” to “Peck ‘em, Owls,” the Southwest Conference is football’s most hospitable habitat for hand jive.

Comment

OU beats aggy in Game 1. UT down early to ND ...

Comment

UT falls to the Dirty Papists ...

Comment

Well, I don't like any of those teams, but this would still be my preferred outcome for these games.

Comment

• Lyle Lanley III
            Lyle Lanley III commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, a guarantee of either UT or aggy going 0-2...at the hands of their worst enemy...is about as good a result as I could've expected out of this mostly loathsome field in Omaha.

• NFFrog
            NFFrog commented
            Editing a comment
            LLIII!!! (that's a comment 'like')

Definitely rooting for Stanford in the other bracket.

Comment

• Duquesne Frog
            Duquesne Frog commented
            Editing a comment
            And of course I knew as soon as I said it, they'd get blown out ...

And some other generic SEC team won game 4. ..

Comment

Horns are the first 2-and-Q team. I'm sure the Aggies already have their State of Texas Championship rings printed ...

Comment

OU in the driver's seat in their side of the bracket. I'll admit, before the last week or two of the season, OU was kind of an afterthought in the conference ... I was focused on us, OkSt, Texas, and Tech as the clear top of the conference. And now, OU is one win away from the National Championship series.

Comment

And Stanford is 2-and-q on the other side of the bracket, guaranteeing at least 1 SEC entrant in the championship series ...

Comment

Stated just for completeness, the current SEC team swept the future one to win the CWS. Yay.

Comment

Working...
                  X