USFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USFL

KaVontae Turpin was drafted to the New Jersey Generals of the new USFL.

Hopefully their new owner isn't a grifter like the old one...

Did I read correctly that all the games are being played in Birmingham? Alabama, not England ...

Comment

• Boston Frog
      Boston Frog commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, with the playoffs in Canton. Ohio, not China.

• Duquesne Frog
      Duquesne Frog commented
      Editing a comment
      The last week the local media has been making a semi big deal about the "Pittsburgh" Maulers revealing their uniforms (which look just like the original USFL Maulers unis) ... who cares since they won't play here until next year, maybe.

• Boston Frog
      Boston Frog commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't imagine this league surviving more than a year

Originally posted by Lyle Lanley III View Post
    KaVontae Turpin was drafted to the New Jersey Generals of the new USFL.

Hopefully their new owner isn't a grifter like the old one...
    Depends on what you think of Fox Sports.

They own the whole league.
    Yeah....I dont believe it either....

Comment

The new USFL, as is typical for these spring leagues, implementing some non-traditional rules.

Most noteworthy among them: an option to "go for three" after a touchdown, with one try from the 10 yard line.

Comment

• Boston Frog
        Boston Frog commented
        Editing a comment
        Why not?

Turpin is not the only TCU product that'll be playing in the new USFL. Cordel Iwuagwu is with the Michigan Panthers and Pro Wells & Artayvious Lynn are teammates once again with the Philadelphia Stars.

Comment

In last night's opener, Turpin had 9 cumulative touches (2 receptions, 2 rushes, 3 kick returns and 2 punt returns) for 108 total yards.

Comment

The USFL is the MACtion of pro football. I'm watching.

Comment

Even if you didn't sign up for USFL vs. XFL drama, it's here.

Comment

• Boston Frog
              Boston Frog commented
              Editing a comment
              I've got to say last night's game was pretty bad. The QB play was abysmal, especially for Pittsburgh. And the stadium was COVID-level empty. Still, it was football on TV, so I watched pretty much the whole second half.

• Lyle Lanley III
              Lyle Lanley III commented
              Editing a comment
              The attendance is going to be pretty abysmal. With every game being played in the same, not all that big city, they're just not going to be able to draw big crowds. Looks like GA tickets are $10 for adults and free for kids. If I were in Birmingham, I might check out a game or two.

• Boston Frog
              Boston Frog commented
              Editing a comment
              I would go if I were there, but like most people we're not there. Plus, I think last night's game was supposed to take place on Sunday but there was lightning or something. Pretty rough first week everything considered.

Through 9 weeks, Turpin is leading the USFL in receiving yards with 472.

He and his New Jersey General (which includes Cameron Echols-Luper, the guy he replaced as TCU's punt returner in the days just before the 2015 season opener in Minneapolis) have clinched a spot in the Eastern Division playoff on June 25th against the Philadelphia Stars (featuring another set of former Frogs who play the same position as each other - Pro Wells & Artayvious Lynn).

While the regular season has been exclusively played in Birmingham, the USFL playoffs will be played in Canton, Ohio.

Comment

KaVontae Turpin, a former TCU wide receiver who has never been on an NFL team in large part because of a domestic violence conviction from 2019, is the Most Valuable Player of the USFL.The USFL announced its postseason awards today, and Turpin got the top honor after leading the league in both receiving yards and [more]

Comment

• Boston Frog
                Boston Frog commented
                Editing a comment
                Was he convicted? I thought he was acquitted. Am I thinking of somebody else?

• Lyle Lanley III
                Lyle Lanley III commented
                Editing a comment
                Turpin pleaded guilty to assault causing bodily injury. Jeff Gladney, before his untimely passing, was acquitted on his domestic violence charge.

• Boston Frog
                Boston Frog commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you

Chiefs have an interest in bringing Turpin to camp.
              Yeah....I dont believe it either....

Comment

Working...
              X