2023 Recruiting, presented by Town East Mall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 Recruiting, presented by Town East Mall

The first commit for the 2023 class is in, courtesy of Ra'Shaad Samples and David Gru.

Cordale Russell, a 6'2", 180lb, 4-star WR from North Mesquite.

He chooses TCU over an offer list that includes Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi State, Pitt, Texas Tech, Purdue, Utah, Oregon State, Minnesota and SMU.

f baylor
    Never trust an American who worships the monarchy.

Comment

LOL, you beat me to it. Hopefully someone can delete my redundant thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Lyle Lanley III View Post
        LOL, you beat me to it. Hopefully someone can delete my redundant thread!
        Keep yours, I’ll try to delete mine. You’re more on top of this stuff than I am.
        f baylor
        Never trust an American who worships the monarchy.

Comment

Originally posted by frogtwang View Post
          You’re more on top of this stuff than I am.
          #SamplesClaus might keep us all busy updating these threads!

Comment

• frogtwang
            frogtwang commented
            Editing a comment
            Indeed! Might need to see if the founders can auto link his twitter feed lol

Haha, Town East Mall

Comment

• Duquesne Frog
            Duquesne Frog commented
            Editing a comment
            Do malls still exist?

• Lyle Lanley III
            Lyle Lanley III commented
            Editing a comment
            Ridglea Mall has been hanging on by a thread for years. It's a weird place now.

• RSK
            RSK commented
            Editing a comment
            I20 from cooper to collins is one big mall now

New commit:

Jordyn Bailey is a 5'9", 160lb wide receiver out of Denton Ryan. He chooses TCU over Tech and Colorado.

He committed today along with his older brother, running back transfer Emani Bailey. He'd originally been offered by GP's staff last summer.
          Last edited by Lyle Lanley III; January 09, 2022, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Well, not great: Cordale Russell has de-committed.

Comment

• MercenaryLibrarian
              MercenaryLibrarian commented
              Editing a comment
              Eh... I feel like we're moving to a world where commits become significantly less important and teams are built through the portal. Why spend time, money, and effort on some high school kid that likely as not is going to lead you on when you can start picking guys that already have some college experience.

New 2023 commit:

Trevor Goosby is a 6'7", 280lb, 3-star OT from Melissa. He chooses TCU after attending the spring game last Friday, over a list of scholarship offers that includes Kansas, Colorado State, SMU, Tulsa, UTSA & UNT.

Comment

• Boston Frog
              Boston Frog commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow, we're really stealing them from the big programs now. That's the kind of list I would have expected in 2002.

• Lyle Lanley III
              Lyle Lanley III commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't think this particular kid's offer list - as it stands now - is the barometer for the program. We've had plenty of recruits with similar offer lists who've turned into All-Conference performers/draft picks, and plenty who've had a modest offer list early in the process that's turned into a much more impressive one before signing day.

• Boston Frog
              Boston Frog commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, I know, but I'm going to hate Sonny Dykes until he convinces me not to

Another new commitment:

Rohan Fluellen is a 6'0", 170lb, 3-star athlete from Gilmer who is listed as a WR some places and a CB others. He's a three-sport athlete for the Buckeyes, playing basketball and running track in addition to football. He's run in the state track meet and played in the football state championship game twice. Last fall, he caught 88 passes for 1,420 yards and 11 TDs to earn district offensive MVP honors. Offer list includes Tennessee, Wisconsin, Pitt, Houston and Vanderbilt among others.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyle Lanley III View Post
              Well, not great: Cordale Russell has de-committed.
              And now, Russell, the 4-star WR from North Mesquite with a lengthy & impressive offer list, has re-committed to TCU.

Comment

New (and BIG) OL commit:

Brione "Bubba" Ramsey-Brooks is a 6'4", 380-lb (!!!), three-star interior OL from South Oak Cliff in Dallas, whom he helped lead to a state title last fall. His scholarship offer list includes Oregon, Arizona, Louisville, Georgia Tech, Houston and Kansas.

Comment

• Duquesne Frog
                  Duquesne Frog commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good lord that is a large man

• Boston Frog
                  Boston Frog commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Absolute unit

Another large commit:

Zachary Chapman is a 6'5", 250-lb, 3-star defensive lineman from Fort Bend Marshall in the Houston area. His other offers include Mississippi State, Colorado, Tech, Baylor, Houston, Boston College, Purdue and Georgia Tech.

Comment

Recruiting momentum continues with another commit:

Lafayette Kaiuway is a 6'5", 245lb, 3-star TE from Arlington Sam Houston. He picks TCU over a list of offers that includes Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Florida, Florida State, Miami, Ole Miss, North Carolina, Arizona State, Boston College and many more.

Comment

• Duquesne Frog
                    Duquesne Frog commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Do we use TEs now? Guess we'll find out ...

New commit:

Cooper Powers is a 6'5", 280-lb, 3-star OL from Northern California powerhouse program Concord De La Salle. His other P5 offers include Missouri, Indiana and Washington State. He appears to be a high academic performer as well, as he has offers from all three service academies and multiple Ivy League schools.

Comment

Working...
                  X