2022 TCU Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lyle Lanley III View Post
    Frogs win, 8-2, to finish the sweep in Lawrence.

That finishes TCU's conference schedule with a 16-8 record.

Their magic number to clinch a share of the conference title is now 1, regardless of how the Tech/OSU game ends (Cowboys batting with the tying run on base in the bottom of the 9th)
    Tech is at home vs OU
    OSU is at Baylor

All we need is for nobody to sweep and we are conference Champions and the 1 seed in the tournament ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Duquesne Frog View Post
      In other college baseball news, Schloss is catching some PR heat for ducking Incarnate Word because he fears the RPI hit will hurt their chances of hosting a regional...
      He’s not the only one…

f baylor
      Never trust an American who worships the monarchy.

Comment

• Duquesne Frog
        Duquesne Frog commented
        Editing a comment
        My first comment would be that our RPI is already in the high 30s; if our hosting a regional is going to be significantly influenced by RPI, I don't see how playing a game against Tarleton is going to hurt us any more. Does it matter if we are 40-something compared to 30-something when you're picking 16 teams to host?

Second, as the NCAA continues to lose all control over athletics, this is one thing it could probably do something about. Make a rule that late season OOC games against RPIs above, say, 150 don't count. I don't think it is in anybody's best interest for Incarnate Words and Tarleton States to lose chances (and paychecks, although I can't imagine they make much off of these games) to play because of a deeply flawed performance metric.

• Duquesne Frog
        Duquesne Frog commented
        Editing a comment
        Checking the RPI, our three game sweep of Kansas by a combined score of 53-11 dropped us from 34th to 36th in RPI.

• Didnt realize the conference tournament is at Globe Life Field this year. I knew it was coming, just didnt know it was this year.
      Yeah....I dont believe it either....

Comment

• Zebra Frog
        Zebra Frog commented
        Editing a comment
        I may have to make a game. Cheap way to see the new park. Maybe.

• MercenaryLibrarian
        MercenaryLibrarian commented
        Editing a comment
        As an almost lifelong Arlinton resident (and taxpayer), I refuse to step foot in that ugly piece of garbage. I won't voluntarily give the Rangers any of my money.

• Frogs win Game 1 vs. Santa Clara, 7-6.

OU leads Tech big in the 9th.

Baylor came back from down 8 to tie things up vs. OSU in the 8th.

Comment

• OU wins, 13-8.

Frogs clinch a share of the Big 12 title!

Comment

• Lyle Lanley III
          Lyle Lanley III commented
          Editing a comment
          ...and Baylor hits a walk-off HR in the 9th to beat Oklahoma State. Feels dirty celebrating this, but it prevents OSU from claiming a slice of the title.

• So to recap the effect of last night's conference games:
        • OU beating Tech means that TCU has clinched a share of the conference title
        • Baylor beating OSU means the Cowboys are eliminated from contention for a share of the conference title or the #1 seed in the conference tournament
        Now, all eyes are on the remainder of the Tech/OU series in Lubbock. Here are how the possible results of the remaining games would affect TCU:
        • If OU wins Games 2 & 3 to complete the sweep, they will be co-champs along with TCU and earn the #1 seed in the conference tournament
        • If Tech wins Games 2 & 3 to win the series, they will be co-champs along with TCU - but the Frogs will be the #1 seed
        • If the Raiders & Sooners split, the Frogs are the outright conference champions

Comment

• Frogs cruise in game 2, 10-3

OU leads Tech in the 9th, 9-6.

Comment

• OU holds on. If you want the Frogs to have sole possession of 1st and the #1 seed ... you have to root for Tceh today ...

Comment

• Frogs leading 5-1 thru the 6th of Game 3 ...

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Tech is out to an early 8-2 lead ...

Comment

• Duquesne Frog
                      Duquesne Frog commented
                      Editing a comment
                      9-2 thru 6 ...

• NFFrog
                      NFFrog commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Go tech Go!

• Frogs are alone atop the Big XII ... Tceh wins 10-2!!

Comment

• Duquesne Frog
                      Duquesne Frog commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Six teams are 2 games apart at the top. And somehow we are alone.

• NFFrog
                      NFFrog commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It supposed to be lonely at the top!

• f baylor
                    Never trust an American who worships the monarchy.

Comment

• Just made the mistake of looking at D1Baseball's rankings as of May 15th... those folks must be high

Comment

Working...
                      X